Nicole from Verde:
You're probably thinking what in the actual (insert word here) is mushroom coffee?
If you're anything like me, if it benefits my health, count me in. I'll consume just about anything and everything whether I *know* if it really enhances my health or not. I mean, it can't hurt to try, right?
Now THIS is some health-enhancing stuff. Let me tell you. One sip and I am a whole new person. The mushroom blend, organic coffee, and a nut milk are the perfect way to start your day.
Don't get me wrong, coffee isn't the best thing you can be putting into your body as some would say. However, if you're going to do it, just do it a little better. There are ways to offset some of those side effects that coffee can have on you. For me, my hands shake and I am a little jittery. I resemble a shaking chihuahua most of the time after I have a cup or two. Thankfully, adding mushrooms into my coffee helped subside those jitters and now I can just have the energizing, brain-boosting benefits without the side effects.
Benefits of mushroom coffee:
- Helps you think (I do about 30 hours of intense computer work per week and this is my saving grace - the only way I can sit down and knock out my work)
- Fires up your nervous system
- Mushrooms help with stress-management (stand-out ingredient: ashwaghanda)
- Immunity-Boosting (stand-out ingredient: reishi)
- Mood-Boosting, decreases irritability (tip: give to your S.O before asking a favor, it works wonders. Hah!)
- First things first, brew a pot of coffee. Or if you like it iced, get your cold brew out of the fridge.
- Grab your blender and add your mushroom dust of choice. I usually like to use Cosmic Cocoa - It gives your coffee more of a mocha flavor. I typically do 1-2 Tbsp. of Cosmic or 1-1.5 Tsp. of a dust. Linked under dusts are sample packets. They are the best for travel and convenience. (My fave dusts are - Spirit, Brain, Power)
- Add in milk of choice. I am a crazy fan of oat milk. Otherwise organic grass-fed milk is a great choice! I typically add about 4oz or so.
- Pour your coffee in the blender. Blend on high for about 15 seconds, pour into a cup and sip throughout the morning. If iced, pour over some ice.
Photo from Moon Juice.
- Blend coffee / add-ins in a blender for a smooth, frothy mixture
- If you have any vitamins / mineral add in's, drop them in too! I love to add liquid Zinc from Mary Ruth's
- I drink lemon water every morning with my coffee to cut the acidity in the coffee. Nothing complicated. Just squeeze half a lemon in my hydroflask and go on my merry way!
- Choose organic coffee! So many conventional coffees contain mold, pesticides and other nasty things.
- Add stevia or agave to your coffee if you like things on the sweeter side.
If you want a chocolatey mocha coffee, add organic cacao powder. YUM!
Photo credits & Shroom Credits: Moon Juice - We love you guys!